On Wednesday, November 16, 2016, Microsoft demonstrated at Connect(); 2016 its vision of enabling the future of development with solutions that serve any developer, any application and any platform.
They have also shared some very interesting data about services and products adoption:
- More than 20 million Visual Studio 2015 installs (with the free Community edition representing more than 14 million of those)
- 1 million Visual Studio Code monthly active users (MAU).
- 4.6 million registered Visual Studio Team Services users
- More than 25,000 developers from 1,700 companies have contributed to .NET Core and related open source repositories, with nearly 2/3 of the contributions coming from outside Microsoft.
- 1 million Visual Studio Dev Essentials members
- Half-a-million more Xamarin users since the acquisition, a 3x increase over the company’s previous growth rate.
- 20,000- registrations for the SQL Server on Linux private preview, including over 50% of the Fortune 500.
- 1.6 million Azure SQL Databases in the cloud and over 100 billion queries per day
- More than 120,000 new Azure subscriptions/month
- Approximately 1 out of 3 VMs on Azure are Linux
- 35% month over month growth of Microsoft Graph in past year.
- 47,000 active third party applications built using Microsoft Graph and more than 1 billion API transactions on Microsoft Graph
- More than 400M Windows 10 devices
- The Windows 10 Cortana search box now has over 141 million monthly active users
Brian Harry has written a very good blog post (read it here) with all the announcements about TFS and VSTS. Take a look at it!