When you try to connct to an Esx server or a Virtual Center server, you'll give these errors:
- Error parsing the server "nome del server" "clients.xml" file.
- The type initializer for 'VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.HttpWebRequestProxy' threw an exception.
But with this workaround, the program will works fine:
- Edit the VpxClient.exe.config file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<add address="*" maxconnection="8" />
<add key = "protocolports" value = "https:443"/>
- Create in C:\Program Files\Vmware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher folder (or in the folder qhere you have installed the software) a subfolder called Lib. In this subfolder copy the system.dll .Net file from a non Windows 7 box (see above)
- Crete a new system variable named DEVPATH with value C:\Program Files\Vmware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\Lib
Now the program works fine
PS: A copy of the configuration and of the system.dll file are downloadable here.